Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Giving Tree for Belle

Living at Village Green has been one of the biggest blessings in our life!  We have loved being able to serve in our ward and have such wonderful neighbors and close friends. I've also gotten to know lots of the Village Green people from doing hair out of my basement for the last few years. For Christmas this year our friends from Village Green put together a Christmas Tree Fund for Belle and her funeral cost and everything. This was such tender mercy and we feel so blessed that all these poor graduate students and their families would take the time to put this together and gift this to us. Not only the money, but the messages and the meals all were so thoughtful. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I feel for these great people! 
This Christmas actually two of my neighbors found out they were in similar situations with their babies- one even with a little boy with Trisomy 18. I feel sorry, but yet so blessed by the Lord and his plan to put us in each others paths at this time in our lives. It's a sad reason to know someone so well, but such a tender mercy and I'm grateful for the relationship it helped my build with Todd and Alli Miles and Dahlin and Mallory Darais. 

No comments:

Post a Comment